Thursday, July 15, 2004

Rock and Roll High School
The Old 97s may be the safest, most harmless, least offensive, rock band this side of Canada. Sure seemed that way yesterday evening, at least, when they played a charming good-natured, free show before a well-behaved crowd in the auditorium at Stuyvesant High School (a place, by the way, whose marble and glass opulence explains quite a bit about the systematic neglect of some other places). Either that or they were just a great bar-band in the wrong damn place. The new songs sounded good, if you’re into that sort of thing, way better than the Satellite Rides record. Incidentally, Murray, their aging, slightly effete, hipster bass player is starting to look exactly like my mother, which I enjoyed.

Comments:
Yo Dr Robert, I am enjoying your blogs, Maneesh Just sent me the links today. I especially like your Mr. Babylon stories. I think Maneesh is tired of blogs already...

Peep my shit whenever you have time.

http://thedeputy.blogspot.com

oh by the by, if you go to the april archives I wrote a short post about your wedding. I think its called Hindu Wedding.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?