Monday, October 18, 2004

Yosemite Sam? Goddamn!

I hardly ever check Pitchfork these days, so I'm a little late on this, but they've got news of a Slint reunion. Even though I never really went for a lot of that post-rock/Tortoise-y stuff they inspired (and, individually, often participated in,) Spiderland remainis one of my all-time favorite records, and that Ep with the dead guy on the cover is pretty ill too. I've been wanting to use that music as soundtrack to some sort of evil chase scene for years. Anyway, my only question is where the fuck is former bassist (and original member of Squirrel Bait!) Ethan Buckler in all this? His band, King Kong, are infintely better than Tortoise or the laughably named The For Carnation. The Kong have perfected their funky caveman retard rock to such a level that it, if you have any appreciation for true beauty, will blow your freakin' mind. The latest record takes place entirely in outer space. Heeba. Hooba. Hobba.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?