Friday, June 10, 2005

Special Homesick All-ATL Prescriptions


Original Purple City. Word to Smog.

All this NYC heat and humidity is making long for home, where it might be just as hot, but folks are friendly, there's a damn sight more trees, everybody's got AC, Skip Carey and the Braves are on the box, Waffle House on every corner, and you don't have to ask twice for a glass of ice-water at a restaurant.

Old Sweet Song:
Finally. Just Blaze, Luda and (Decatur's own) Field Mob remake "Georgia" (halfway down.) Heads are hating on this, but I think if you're from ATL you gotta love it like they "love that G-A red clay." Anybody remember how right before Channel 8 would go off the air in the middle of the night they'd play "Georgia" over landscape-footage of GA shot from a helicoptor?

No Cut-Up:
My crazy Uncle Perry used to have 18 cats. Now he only has one, but it's named Chipper. Perry is so ATL he bleeds Coca-Cola.

As Soon As They Release "The 'Nique," I'm On It:
ATL-themed fake Air Force 1s. 150$? Walter's has 'em for half that. Bet. (via Catchdubs, who once stole my Dip-school pic without giving me my propers, but I'll be a bigger man and remain polite, 'cause that's how my mama raised me. He's probably a fucking Yankee and can't help it he doesn't have manners once inadvertantly used my Dip-school pic and had the decency to come over here and explain as much.)

Is This The Line For The Beer Or For The Tickets To Get The Beer?:
Anybody else remember that time back in '88 that Whodini, MC Lyte, Slick Rick and Doug E Fresh, and Public Enemy all played at an outdoor show in At-lana? Oh. Right. That wasn't '88, it's this Sunday at the Music Midtown festival (107.9 stage). (David Banner, Slim Thug, Trillville, and Common might not be a bad show on Saturday either, just be sure to skip out before the Wack Eyed Peas play.)

Comments:
hey man, caught your page in my referral links - i found that dip school pic on a message board, and linked it direct - didn't know it came from anyone's site. no need to put me on blast!

(ha - seriously tho, feel free to put whomever you want on blast, self included - just wanted to let you know the deal)
 
No sweat, man. Figured it was something like that. Really was just using the whole thing as an excuse for my lame southern manners routine. Besides, I figured a big-willy like you could handle the heat.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?